Ability to have two screens open

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Would anyone else find it beneficial to be able to open two FD screens at the same time? whether it be open on two monitors, or half a screen each? I would love to be able to leave one open, and work on the accounts, whilst having a second one open that I can use to make bookings etc - so I don't have to stop half way through amending transactions, because the phone rang..... I find it very frustrating having to stop what I'm doing and then redo it later because I have to start again from scratch. 
Photo of Mandi - Sport & Spinal Physio

Mandi - Sport & Spinal Physio

• 62 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Reception PodMED Podiatry

Reception PodMED Podiatry

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes please!
Photo of Debi Meek

Debi Meek

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Mandi,
Just a question are you using TM2.
Regards
Debi

• 62 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Debi - what is TM2? pardon my ignorance :-) 
Photo of Debi Meek

Debi Meek

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That's ok, its the program we use in our Physio Practice.
We have the same issues!!!
Photo of Bayside Family Chiropractic

Bayside Family Chiropractic

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes PLEASE! 
Photo of Western Region Health

Western Region Health

• 24 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
I think it would be great to just be able to do things while having those reports and screens open, it's very frustrating when a patient arrives and I can't mark them as here because I am in the middle of an invoice screen, or process a payment for someone else without having to complete the task I am currently doing!
Photo of Rachel Bruce

Rachel Bruce

• 124 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
OOOHHH me too, yes PLEASE :)
Photo of Geelong Hand Therapy

Geelong Hand Therapy

• 26 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Yes please!!!!
Photo of Steven

Steven, Business Care

• 272 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi everyone

You can run multiple copies of Front Desk on one machine so that you can take advantage of multiple monitors, however this function is generally turned off as in the past we have noticed that people will accidentally start Front Desk multiple times on their machine, taking up unnecessary resources.

If you would like us to enable being able to run multiple copies of Front Desk on one PC, please open up a support case here: www.smartsoft.com.au/support and we would be happy to assist you with this.

As a side matter, it is possible when using Clinical Notes to open up an X-Ray screen so that it opens on another monitor, so that you can type in your clinical notes and view X-Rays at the same time in a multi monitor setup. You may want to let your practitioners know this so that they can take advantage of this feature.

• 62 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Thank you Steven! it would only be for me, not the rest of the admin staff :-) 
Photo of Victor Harbor Physio

Victor Harbor Physio

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
By doing this are you using one of your licenses - so for example if we had all our physios working at one time to be able to do this would we need to buy another license.
Photo of Steven

Steven, Business Care

• 272 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
You do not need to buy an extra licence if you are running multiple copies of Front Desk on the same machine, except in the special case of a terminal server. 

Further, it has always been possible to have multiple patient files open in the system. Some processes that need to be completed before moving on such as billing or receipting uses a modal screen, which requires you to finish what you are doing before moving on.
Photo of Jude

Jude

• 6 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
That would be amazing - we are constantly frustrated by the inability to have two screens open at once.
Photo of Victor Harbor Physio

Victor Harbor Physio

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That would be really handy previous software I have used had the ability to have several screens open at once it was great.
Photo of Anita

Anita

• 35 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Yes please!!