Booking Concerns

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi , we're in the process of starting the online booking process. I was wondering if anyone experienced any down falls to doing this. One of my main concerns is that some of our podiatrist's work at 15min increments and some at 20min increments. Our diary is set to 15 min increments so not sure how online booking for the correct time increments would work. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Foot Faults Podiatry

Foot Faults Podiatry

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hey Kelly in system information > appointment book > general : change your calendar time interval to 5 mins, this will let you book for either 20 or 15 mins :)
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Community Manager

• 354 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hello,

Thanks for offering a solution to a fellow Front Desk user. It is great to see the community looking out for one another.  In this case I would have to suggest not changing Appointment Book intervals too hastily, as it can have undesired results. 

Moving to 5 minute intervals is one of the safer options, but it could open the on-line booking system to start appointments at unwanted times. As a general rule please contact our helpdesk if ever considering changing your appointment book intervals, just so we can confirm the results.
(Edited)
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Community Manager

• 354 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Kelly

If you have practitioners/practice groups set-up to use custom appointment book intervals, the Patient Booking Gateway will use those settings when offering appointments.  For example if you have 3 practitioners in a practice group using 20 minute intervals, and the rest of your practice on 15 minute intervals, it will use the appropriate intervals depending on who the appointment is being booked with.

With the purchase of the Patient Booking Gateway you also receive a dedicated 1 hour configuration session with one of our staff, as well as a separate 1 hour training session, which should help you work through your concerns as well :)

So that we can offer the best advice for your particular configuration and needs, it would be best if you could please open a support case from our website: https://www.smartsoft.com.au/support/