DVA Online Claiming - Fee Changes (1/7/2018)

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • (Edited)
Hi Community

Please be aware that DVA has implemented a fee change as of July 1st, 2018. Unfortunately, Smartsoft was not notified of this change.

Users may receive the following message when processing DVA Online Claims:
The benefit paid by Medicare / DVA is greater than the billed amount.
Would you like to increase the billed amount to the benefit amount?
This will require the admin password.
The message is indicating that DVA has paid more than you have billed and submitted in your claim.
Click 'Yes' or 'Yes to All' to continue, which will increase the amount billed to match the benefit paid.

Note you may be required to enter the 'admin' user password to continue.

Please note at this stage users will need to update their DVA item codes manually.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Community Manager

• 344 Posts
  • 112 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Joyaa Antares

Joyaa Antares

• 284 Posts
  • 81 Reply Likes
Thanks Andrew.  Any idea of fee for Allied Health (Osteo, Chiro, Physio...)?
It's not been published on their site yet.
https://www.dva.gov.au/providers/fee-schedules  
Photo of Julienne Locke

Julienne Locke

• 62 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
No one has been notifed!!  APA are still waiting on this also.  Do you have a copy of what the fees are you can share with us!!
(Edited)
Photo of Rachel Bruce

Rachel Bruce

• 124 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
On the DVA website there no fee schedule update there.

Speaking to DVA claiming dept, they have only notified of the change this morning.
The Allied Health fee schedule will be apparently be uploaded in due course which is very frustrating and most certainly not good enough.

Currently on hold with another department to gain access to the new schedule - will update you if/when I have more information.
Photo of Rachel Bruce

Rachel Bruce

• 124 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi again

I have spoken to DVA and they  have said that the changes that affect my practice (physio) are as follows

PH10 and 20 are now $64.25
PH30 is now $68.10
PH11 is $69.05
PH21 is $64.25
PH31 is $80.70
PH50 is $28.70
PH60 is $64.25
PH61 is $37.65
PH92 and 93 are $51.95
PH94 is $104.15

They have no idea when the schedule will be made public! If you need more info, I'd suggest calling them. There was a bit of a wait but once I got through they were really helpful

1800 550 457 
Photo of Joyaa Antares

Joyaa Antares

• 284 Posts
  • 81 Reply Likes
Thanks Rachel - of those above, do you know which one has gone up from 63.30?  I am guessing PH10/PH20/PH21 were 63.30..?
Photo of Rachel Bruce

Rachel Bruce

• 124 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
There are others at that price point depending on what services you offer ie hospital visits etc I haven't posted them as they are no codes that we use so didn't ask about them and did not want to give information based on a guess....

Good luck everyone :)
Photo of Julienne Locke

Julienne Locke

• 62 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update... now to plan how we spend my 80c payrise for the first time in 4.5 years!!
Photo of Joyaa Antares

Joyaa Antares

• 284 Posts
  • 81 Reply Likes
Perfect - thanks Rachel.  
Photo of Renee

Renee

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thank you so much Rachel.
I got these as well:
PH95 Up to $91.05
PH96 Up to $195.25
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Community Manager

• 344 Posts
  • 112 Reply Likes
Hi All

We have contacted the DVA enquiries team, however, they have only just been notified of this change and do not have the updated fee information available. 
Our suggestion at this point is that you contact your professional associations to obtain the new pricing and update your DVA item codes.

When processing a DVA Online Claim and receiving the message above, click 'Yes' or 'Yes to All' to continue. 

Please feel free to post any official information gained on this thread.
Photo of Kate

Kate

• 1 Post
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thank you for this information. I've just rung DVA and here are some common codes for Podiatry:

F004 $64.25
F012 $64.25
F125 $57.35
F104 $67.75
F114 $64.25
F117 $64.25
F303 $73.40
F222 $362.20
F987 $53.50 (up to)
F304 $102.90

They mentioned that they were unaware of the increases until providers rang yesterday questioning the increased rebates (as little as they are). Unfortunately, they cannot predict when the new schedules will be published.

Cheers

Kate
Photo of ProActive Podiatry

ProActive Podiatry

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Great thank you Kate. And the home visit F033 is now $64.25 - we have lodged 2 invoices for home visits today at the old fee and I have just been advised that the system will "automatically update them" the advice on when we get a up to date fee schedule was advised it will be posted on the website when its ready ......
Photo of Renee

Renee

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I have called DVA with regards to the codes we most commonly use for Occupational Therapy:
OT01 $88.30
OT07 $88.30
OT73 $91.00
OT74 $194.90
OT71 $51.95
OT72 $51.95
OT75 $104.05
Photo of Benjamin Muir

Benjamin Muir

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Chiropractic DVA items:

CH02 is $64.25. I assume CH01 is the same.
Photo of SydSportsMed

SydSportsMed

• 63 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Anyone have the new Exercise Physiology fees by chance?

Although, judging by the increases above, it seems like tit's a 1.5% increase across the board?
(Edited)