Email of Bill to Third Party - Individual

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Under Consideration
When I want to send an invoice to the person who is the Bill to Third Party - Individual, the email address of the patient is shown, not the email address of the person we wish to send the bill to. Can this be overcome?
Photo of Trevor

Trevor

• 70 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Community Manager

• 375 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Trevor

When emailing from a patient file, you can select linked email addresses from the drop-down next to 'To' and 'CC' if they are available.  For example within a patient file, you might have another email under the Additional tab for the GP/Referring Doctor, or in the Contacts tab which would be available to choose from.  Currently the Billing Details tab doesn't have a dedicated 'Email' field for third parties, so it isn't available as a 'linked email address' to select.  

I have converted this conversation to an 'Idea' under consideration.  To all users, please express your interest in Trevor's idea by giving this conversation a 'Like' at the top of the screen or by commenting below.
Photo of Joanna

Joanna

• 51 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Andrew, We often send Statements from individual Patient Files to our accounts person for her information. When we do this, we need to delete the default email address (which is the patient's email address) and enter accounts' email address. But with the latest updates, Front Desk now asks if we want to change the email on the file permanently, and it defaults to a 'yes'. Can this function be switched off? or can the default be switched to a 'no'?
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Community Manager

• 375 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes

Hi Joanna

Our initial thought was that more often than not, the answer would be 'Yes' to update the email address, but I can see how that doesn't suit your particular workflow in this case. It's not currently possible to turn this feature off, or change the default selection.

Being a relatively new feature, we are certainly open to receiving feedback on it's usage and gauge interest in your suggestions.

Photo of In Stride Health Clinic

In Stride Health Clinic

• 146 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Would putting an email address within the billing details for workcover fix this?   Sharon
Photo of Adam Woolacott

Adam Woolacott

• 61 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Hi, I realize this is an old thread but we recently started emailing invoices thru frontdesk. Sadly due to the update feature defaulting to 'yes' each time we have lost around 80% of the personal email address for our workcover patients. We realize this is operator error but it's so easy to click yes as its the default setting. Is there anyway I can switch this update option off?