Emailing multiple invoices

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Planned
Currently we have to email invoices one by one or save each as a PDF and attach as a group in Outlook.  Would be great if we could select and email a few in one hit.  Maybe tick boxes to choose which ones would be easiest?
Photo of Hand Works

Hand Works

• 57 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Community Manager

• 367 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Official Response
Thank you for your feedback.  I have confirmed the ability to email multiple invoices is on our development list.  Please look forward to seeing this feature in a future release of Front Desk. It will work similar to the way we can do a batch print job of invoices, but will instead allow you to email multiple invoices individually as a batch process.
Photo of Unley Physio Admin

Unley Physio Admin

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Emailing Bulk Invoices.

We are wanting to bulk email our invoices out to save our trees, as we would bulk print invoices, it seems a great idea in this age of IT, to not waste all that paper.
Photo of Mandi - Sport & Spinal Physio

Mandi - Sport & Spinal Physio

• 62 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
This thread has saved me a phone call - with postage going up to $1 now, if we could bulk email our invoices to insurance companies it would save us paper and money. I would like to know when this feature is available please 
Photo of Sharon Tavelli

Sharon Tavelli

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You can create an insurance company on Front Desk then link the individual clients to relevant company.  Then link an email address and send statement directly to their accounts area.   TAC are the only one that don't have an email address for accounts.  This will save on stamps.
Photo of Sharon Tavelli

Sharon Tavelli

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You will still need to send individual emails of statements for clients as insurance companies doe not like them all on the one statement.
Photo of Mandi - Sport & Spinal Physio

Mandi - Sport & Spinal Physio

• 62 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Thanks Sharon - the only problem I see with that is when we do statements, then they are linked to that company, not the individual and it comes up on the accounts owing list as the company (eg Comcare) - I will look into it though
Photo of Jenny

Jenny

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
We are having the same problem emailing invoices is very time consuming when you have to go individually into each client would be great to have an email function directly from the invoices/statements section
Photo of Timothy

Timothy, Business Care Manager

• 886 Posts
  • 267 Reply Likes
Hi Jenny. I can confirm this is a planned feature to be released later this year with the the Xero integration. We certainly understand that there has been a move away from posting invoices. 
Photo of Adam Woolacott

Adam Woolacott

• 61 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes

Hi Tim, Just wondering what the ETA is on the emailing function?

We have had 2 large clients in the last 2 weeks tell us that they will no longer accept invoices by mail or fax and it must be by email which makes it difficult for us. I'm guessing this trend towards accepting invoices only via email will continue.

Thanks, Adam

Photo of Julienne Locke

Julienne Locke

• 76 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
This is tricky isnt it.  Some major companies we are working with only accept via email, and they want one invoice per patient.  So linking them is not an option... Frustrating.  And the current Frontdesk version doesn't easily allow for an email contact for the biller, so keeping track of who wants email, who wants paper mail, etc is made very difficult
Photo of Adam Woolacott

Adam Woolacott

• 61 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Thanks Julienne, Any suggestions on processes/procedures you have found that work well for the business and admin staff for dealing with emailing invoices?
Photo of Timothy

Timothy, Business Care Manager

• 886 Posts
  • 267 Reply Likes
Hi Adam. We are currently working on the bulk emailing of invoices functionality in the lead up to the release of the Xero integration. Our highest priorities at this stage are:
  1. Changes to the Front Desk billing engine
  2. Bulk emailing of statements and invoices functionality 
  3. Xero integration
While we cannot provide an ETA at this stage, these changes are our highest priority and we ask for patience as we work towards completion.

As an interim workaround for payers that only accept invoices by email, you can produce an invoice individually from their patient file and email the invoice as a PDF.

To do this, open the Patient File for the company/patient, select the Transactions tab and select Invoices:

Select your appropriate filters (in this example transactions this month) and select Preview:

When you select the Email icon in the toolbar the invoice will be produced and you will be able to compose an email message to the payer. An email template can be selected for efficiency.