Important Information: Hotfix required for Front Desk v19.0.2 and v19.0.3

• Announcement
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • (Edited)
Following our previous advisory, we have discovered a new issue that needs to be addressed to continue receiving SMS delivery receipts and Physitrack exercise plans after Tuesday, October 1st 2019.

We have prepared a hotfix to address this issue, which does not require a full upgrade of Front Desk, and can be easily installed while staff are logged into Front Desk. Though we recommend it is run on all computers running Front Desk, it can be installed on as little as one computer that will be on during the day, such as the main server computer. As we store SMS delivery receipts and Physitrack downloads for 30 days, the hotfix should be applied as soon as possible and no later than in the next 30 days.

Please download and run the hotfix using the link below, which should only require one minute of your time. Note that you will require administrator access on the computer to install this hotfix.
https://www.smartsoft.com.au/downloads/upgrades/FD19Hotfix.exe

If you would like assistance with applying this update, please feel free to contact our helpdesk. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Photo of Timothy

Timothy, Business Care Manager

• 934 Posts
  • 273 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Benjamin Muir

Benjamin Muir

• 36 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi, I note there is a FD upgrade 19.0.4, will this be sufficient instead of the Hotfix or are both required?
Photo of Renee

Renee, Application Support

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
There is no need to run the Hotfix on version 19.0.4.  The difference between 19.0.3 and 19.0.4 is just the Hotfix changes. 

My suggestion is if you are upgrading from an older version, use the Front Desk Upgrade 19.0.4, else if you're on the affected versions (19.0.2 and 19.0.3) run the Hotfix as it's easier.
Photo of Alfred Heng

Alfred Heng

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Support,

Just want to confirm if I apply the hotfix on the server would that be sufficient instead to all PCs, as the note say one can just apply the hotfix on the server.

Also later date can I still apply the 19.0.4 upgrade or any future upgrade release version?

Thanks
Alfred
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Community Manager

• 390 Posts
  • 119 Reply Likes
Hi Alfred

Running the hotfix just on the server, a machine that will be running during your business hours, will be fine.

There is no problem with updating to 19.0.4 in the future, however you may not need to if you are already on 19.0.3 as the only change included in 19.0.4 is the same change made by the hotfix.

Photo of Alfred Heng

Alfred Heng

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for the information, apparently I did an upgrade on one of the server using 19.0.2 so I might just apply the hotfix on the 19.0.2 server.