NDIS online claiming through Front Desk

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Not Planned

Would SmartSoft please consider setting up online claiming for NDIS claims in the same way that we are able to process DVA and Medicare Bulk Bill claims.  When the NDIS is rolled out next year we will have to process our claims through a Provider Portal using individual AUSkeys for each staff member who will be lodging the claim.  

Photo of Ann Murray

Ann Murray

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Timothy

Timothy, Business Care Manager

• 864 Posts
  • 259 Reply Likes
Hi Ann. Thank you for your post. We have contacted the NDIS on several occasions to investigate the possibility of incorporating NDIS features into Front Desk but are yet to receive an appropriate response. We will keep this post updated when we have more information to provide. 
Photo of Josie Chow

Josie Chow

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, has there been any update on incorporating NDIS?
Photo of Timothy

• 864 Posts
  • 259 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Josie. We have made several attempts to deal with NDIS regarding PMS integration but unfortunately we have had no success in this area. We have not even been able to obtain basic information such as the correct formatting of an NDIS participant ID from them, which is extremely frustrating for our development team.

To our best knowledge there are no PMS systems that integrate with NDIS at this stage. 

Once NDIS has an official path for software developers to integrate, we will be happy to revisit this.
Photo of Josie Chow

Josie Chow

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your prompt reply Timothy! 
Photo of Catherine Crestani

Catherine Crestani

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled NDIS Tab.

Is it possible to create a NDIS section similar to the Medicare tab for patients? With more clients becoming registered it is difficult to keep track of details. It would be great if we could enter their participant ID, the start and end date of their plans, their budget and a reminder for when a progress report is needed.
Photo of Tania Teitzel

Tania Teitzel

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This would be great if you could add this functionality in to assist with tracking payments against service bookings
Photo of Timothy

• 864 Posts
  • 259 Reply Likes
Hi Tania. Our efforts in dealing with NDIS have been exhausted. We have tried over a long period of time and at multiple levels with people at NDIS to obtain basic information, such as the format of the participant ID, without success. As providers, we recommend contacting NDIS and your local member of parliament, voicing concern regarding the poor support for providers and PMS developers regarding NDIS. 

Smartsoft is more than happy to support NDIS functionality when NDIS is able to play its part in this process.

At this stage we suggest using the generic Treatment Plan feature to help in this area. 

Catherine Crestani

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I don't understand why you can't create a ndis tab for us to put the details. We're not asking it to be linked to ndis but simply to have a place to put the id, start and end date and possibly the allocated funding amount.
Photo of Timothy

• 864 Posts
  • 259 Reply Likes
Hi Catherine. Ignoring the complexities of an integration with NDIS, we cannot even obtain the specification of the participant ID. The format and range of numbers that your patients are allocated may not be compatible with other users, so we are hesitant to release something that is half-baked.

We will be preparing an article outlining how to setup an account in Front Desk for NDIS and how to keep track of approved funds allocated to a patient using existing functionality, which we hope to release today or tomorrow morning at the latest. 

Catherine Crestani

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Timothy it's always 9 numbers and usually starts with 43 but this may change as more participants join.
Photo of julienne

julienne

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, we support Catherine Crestani regarding this.  With more and more participants and service agreement dates, plan date and review dates and funding levels... Ahhhhh Frontdesk isnt able to sort this out.  We have an external excel spreadsheet collating everything.... 

Catherine Crestani

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
We are the same but it's difficult to keep adding new clients and let the therapists manage reports as well
Photo of julienne

julienne

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree.  I'd love to chat to see how others are managing this? or share what we are doing (poorly I am sure) ... Join the "APA Disability" Facebook group and help over there join in conversations... Would love more physio's talking about this...
Photo of Timothy

• 864 Posts
  • 259 Reply Likes
Hi Catherine. I have merged your post with this existing NDIS post. Please see our official response regarding NDIS features in Front Desk above. 

Catherine Crestani

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I'm not asking to claim ndis I'm asking if we can have somewhere to put the details needed. I understand you can't integrate it due to booking requirements etc but it would be useful if we could store the data against the client.
Photo of julienne

julienne

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry my comment was aimed to the FD people, as on another post in the community someone had compared wanting a medicare style billing portal.... support your suggesting 100% as above :)
Photo of julienne

julienne

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
you are never going to get billing features similar to DVA with this one due to the service bookings required etc etc.. but Frontdesk is simply not able to track the timepoints we require for the participants.
Photo of Tania Teitzel

Tania Teitzel

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
We would also like to have fields available for NDIS clients that enable their NDIS number, Service Booking amount that you can track (I believe you can already do this on Treatment Plan tab), Start and end date of their plan. Also how are other clinics capturing the signature of participants to approve each service that occurs and how do you integrate this with Front Desk in order to be purely electronic with no paperwork.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Community Manager

• 360 Posts
  • 114 Reply Likes
Please see the following article in regards to the management of NDIS accounts in Front Desk using the currently available functionality:
https://community.smartsoft.com.au/smartsoft/topics/managing-ndis-claims
(Edited)