Sending more than one bulk email via booking gateway?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
We're just kicking off with the booking gateway.  Initial signs are promising ... exciting!  Today I sent out some 4,000+ emails via "bulk email" to notify clients of the facility.  Each email contained an activation code for the client (presumably unique per person).  Suppose I want to send out a second email in a few month's time.  Can I re-send to the same clients, or will the system report that I have already posted to these email addresses?   Thanks, Wise Ones.
Photo of Joyaa Antares

Joyaa Antares

• 335 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Timothy

Timothy, Business Care Manager

• 900 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Hi Joyaa. We're pleased to hear the bulk email invitation process for your Patient Booking Gateway went smoothly. When using the Bulk Email tool from File > Patient Booking Gateway Configuration, you have the option to include patients that have been sent an invite in the past, but did not click the unique account activation link. This is enabled by selecting the option shown below. Note that this will not send the invite to patients that did complete the account activation process.

Photo of Joyaa Antares

Joyaa Antares

• 335 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Thanks Tim - very helpful.   Since we did the email, we have updated a number of these folks with our "Don't send" tracking category.  Will "Don't send" take priority over the condition that you have highlighted in your screenshot?  Thnx
Photo of Timothy

Timothy, Business Care Manager

• 900 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Hi Joyaa. Any Patient Tracking Categories that you select when using the Bulk Email tool will included/excluded the relevant patients based on your preference. In your example, be sure to tick the 'Exclude' check-box next to your "Don't send" tracking category.