Sys. Info > App't Book shows week starts on Saturday, but Appointment book still shows week starts Monday -?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
Hi 

We have set the first day of the week to be Saturday, but the Appointment book still shows week starting on a Monday (so we don't see the correct Saturday on the week view.  I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious - how do I get the app't book to show that the week starts on a Saturday?  

Anyone?

Thanks, Joyaa
Photo of Joyaa Antares

Joyaa Antares

• 329 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Timothy

Timothy, Business Care Manager

• 886 Posts
  • 267 Reply Likes
Hi Joyaa. The 'First Day of Week' setting is intended to affect the calendar displayed in the top left of the appointment book, as per the help file. It does not currently affect week view on the appointment book.
Photo of Joyaa Antares

Joyaa Antares

• 329 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
Ah - thanks Timothy.  Please may I log a request that the "First Day of the Week" is reflected on the week view of the app't book. 
Our practitioners (accounts etc etc) all start their week on a Saturday - i.e. a day other than a Monday.  It would be very helpful to their "week view" at a glance, rather than split across two weeks.
Best regards, J.
Photo of Steven

Steven, Business Care

• 268 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Hi Joyaa. We note your interest in this functionality. However, we will be monitoring other user interest before committing to make this change. I would suggest that it is uncommon to want to start the week on a Saturday, but we are happy to listen to feedback from other users.
Photo of Joyaa Antares

Joyaa Antares

• 329 Posts
  • 97 Reply Likes
Thanks Steven.
No - I don't imagine that starting the week on anything but a Monday is uncommon, for if it were, why would Smartsoft have programmed a 'Day of the Week' setting within System Information?
Best regards, J.