Tess Beddome

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes no online bookings
Photo of Tony Taddeo

Tony Taddeo, Managing Director

• 93 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hi Tess the online booking gateway is self hosted by the user and not by Smartsoft. Anne’s issue, which has been resolved, is unrelated to yours.

Can I suggest a reboot of your internet modem and computer running the Patient Booking Gateway.

Tony
(Edited)
Photo of Joyaa Antares

Joyaa Antares

• 326 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
Thanks Tony.  We are looking to start the OBG in 2019 so are naturally watching this thread.  Best to you and the Crew, Joyaa
Photo of Tess Beddome

Tess Beddome

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi tony,

The online booking system is now working but our satellite location is not and we cannot take booking there. I’m overseas atm and trying to manage this issue.??

Thanks

Tess
Photo of Anne Cooper

Anne Cooper

• 10 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I don’t think that there’s any doubt that OLB is fabulous.
Photo of Tess Beddome

Tess Beddome

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
We also have a timing issue with online booking link on mobile?
Photo of Tony Taddeo

• 93 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hi Tess

Did you reboot your internet modem and then your pc hosting the PBG as suggested? Did you test the link from within Australia? May not work as well from overseas if your internet connection you are hosting on not optimal and your overseas connection not great.

We are happy to investigate further when we reopen.

Tony
(Edited)
Photo of Tess Beddome

Tess Beddome

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Tony,

The mobile online booking is not working within Australia as we have tested this. The link times out?

Any other suggestions as to what causes this issue.

I think it would be beneficial for the company to have skeleton staff on as many clinics are open during this time? You also don’t offer a live chat which would also be helpful.

Thanks
Photo of Tony Taddeo

• 93 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hi Tess

I acknowledge your feedback for further consideration.

It appears you are having issues with your internet/office network as your remote satellite practice also cannot connect. This can happen if your computer hosting the Front Desk database and PGP changes its IP address from what is expected. You could contact your local technical person for help as this would be more in their domain. If this is the case, set the IP address of this machine back to its original setting.

We haven’t used ‘live chat ‘ during business hours in the past as in our opinion it is not as effective as being able to speak with someone directly on a toll free number. I have quickly reviewed 2 of the other PMS vendors that have live chat and both tell you they will respond at sometime in the future. In reality, not very live but looks good on their website.

After running an all hours emergency support service for more than 15 years, it became clear that almost all the contacts to the service were regarding normal support services that could wait until the office reopened. Rather than increasing support and upgrade fees in recent years we cut costs where services were not being utilised. We will be surveying all clients in the new year in regards to their expectations regarding after hours support and what they would be willing to pay for it. As a suggestion we could offer a fee for service for after hours support at after hour rates, as done by the GP PMS systems. This would be better than needing to increase everyones support fees.

We only have 2 days off a year during this period and hope we have provided ample notice that we will be closed over this time.

Tony
(Edited)
Photo of Tess Beddome

Tess Beddome

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi tony,

I have confirmed our IP address is fixed. Iam trying to see if these details are correct in FD as we desperately need our online bookings and remote location to work. I can’t seem to find steps on how to do this? Could you assist? Thanks
Photo of Tony Taddeo

• 93 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
You need to have your tech person check;

1) Port forwarding on your modem for remote connection and patient booking gateway pointed (by IP address) to the correct machine. The machine with the fixed IP address.

2) Internet public IP address has not changed. The IP address you are using from outside of the office to connect. You can check this from within your office by typing "what's my IP" in google search engine. 

This is outside of normal software support but we are more than happy to assist when our office reopens.