Both integrations save time and reduce errors by not needing to manually type into the terminal when processing a transaction. So what is the difference between each system?
- You may already have HICAPS as it has been in the industry for many years
- EFTPOS, Medicare Easyclaim, Worksafe Victoria
- You do not need an internet connection
- Support for the majority of health funds in Australia
- Older style terminal using legacy com port connection to your computer generally through a supplied USB to com port adaptor. Occasional driver and reliability issues
- You need a spare telephone line - possible additional cost
- Has been slow to update their interface software in the past when operating systems have changed leaving clients unsupported
For more information, contact HICAPS on 1800 805 780 or email email@example.com
- Better, modern terminal
- Tap-to-pay (paypass) support for quick processing
- No telephone line needed, connection is IP based on your office computer network
- Tyro instructs settlement of funds into your nominated Australian bank account on the next banking day
- Tyro is an electronic banking specialist company
- Tyro is extensively used in the GP PMS industry
- Inbuilt 3G backup for EFTPOS payments and Medicare Easyclaims when your clinic internet connection is down
- You need an internet connection in your practice
- Does not support some of the smaller health funds, the only fund we see being an issue is St Lukes in TAS
- No Worksafe VIC claiming
Which system is better for your practice may vary based on your personal circumstances. At this time we will continue to support both systems into the future and will be driven by consumer demand.
Our current recommendation is Tyro HealthPoint due to the modern terminal, tap-to-pay function, no telephone line requirement and the better technology used to communicate your transactions, as long as you don’t require St Lukes Health Fund claiming in TAS, Workcover VIC and you have a broadband internet connection.
For more information, contact Tyro on 1300 729 468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org